Scott C. Davis
Scott Davis is the managing attorney at Business Law Group, PA. Scott joined Business Law Group in December of 2011.
Scott received his undergraduate degree in economics from Wake Forest University in 1990. Curious about what a law career was actually like, Scott wrangled a paid internship at a prominent Jacksonville personal injury firm, Pajcic and Pajcic, headed by one of his former coaches. Scott learned much working there as a paralegal / investigator. But most important of all, he learned that the lawyers (well, Gary and Steve anyway) got to play golf most Wednesday and Friday afternoons! Scott had found his calling.
So, it was off to the University of Florida where Scott received his law degree in 1994. Shortly thereafter, and much to his dismay, he found that a schedule featuring frequent weekday golf was not, in fact, one that many lawyers were able to enjoy (nor was it one conducive to staying employed as a young lawyer).
PRofessional experience summary:
Before joining Business Law Group, Scott ran his own solo business and construction litigation practice, and prior to that he was the partner in charge of the litigation department at Buchanan Ingersoll’s Tampa office. Scott began his career at MacFarlane Ferguson and McMullen in Tampa. Although Scott now focuses primarily on matters of interest to community associations (which include some of the areas outlined below), he has litigated a wide variety of matters in multiple industries, in state and federal courts, for individuals and corporate clients, including the following:
- multi-million dollar property damage insurance coverage cases on behalf of condominium associations and developers;
- multi-million dollar termite damage claims against national pest control companies on behalf of condominium associations and developers;
- multi-million dollar construction defect and design defect disputes;
- multi-million dollar construction insurance claims;
- multi-million dollar environmental insurance disputes involving more than 120 contaminated gasoline stations in several southeastern states;
- restrictive covenant cases;
- landlord-tenant disputes;
- construction lien cases;
- environmental contamination cases involving both private parties and state and federal regulatory agencies (EPA and Florida DEP) involving petroleum, dry-cleaning solvents, lead and other hazardous wastes, Superfund, and RCRA;
- business tort cases (fraud, civil theft, tortious interference, FDUTPA);
- personal injury cases (both plaintiff and defendant);
- wrongful death cases;
- employment discrimination (race, sex, and religious) and harassment claims (representing employers);
- hospital / physician and physician practice group disputes;
- franchise disputes;
- non-compete cases;
- collections cases;
- probate litigation; and
- intellectual property cases involving trademark and trade secrets claims.
When not working, Scott enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons, surfing, fishing, camping, traveling, attending Gator football games, and helping out with his sons’ sports teams and scout groups.
- Condominium & Homeowners Associations
- Business Litigation
- All State of Florida courts
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- University of Florida, J.D., 1994
- Wake Forest University, B.A. in Economics, 1990
- Florida Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
301 W. Platt St., #375
Tampa, Florida 33606